NO Rain today but it started again this evening sure hope it stops by morning.
Today we had a great tour of the Pendleton Underground. In the late 1800 the Chinese laborer's built the underground service tunnels that connected business to one another. We walked down the stairs and through the tunnels where we saw the Shamrock Card Room, Hop Sing's Chinese Laundry, the Empire Ice Cream Parlor, Empire Meat Market. We stood under the sidewalks prism glass which gave light in the tunnels. We traveled through a secret passageway to a Prohibition Card Room, the Chinese Living Quarters, with jails and an opium den.
Then we toured one of the bordellos and the famous cozy rooms.
Thanks Rick for helping me with the slideshow.
That was our day - Thanks for following along.
Nice job on the slideshows, Roberta! I really enjoyed the tour - the pictures were terrific. I never knew about this place, but next time we're near Pendleton, OR, I'll be sure to check this out.
ReplyDelete