We want to Welcome another new follower “B.W. and Carol” Thanks for following along – Hope you enjoy!
After a cooler than normal summer here in Sonoma County CA, the heat has finally arrived with a sizzling heat wave. Knowing it was going to be a hot one yesterday and again today when I got up at 5:30 AM to opened all the windows and get the fans sucking in the cool air before I closed everything up.
Yesterday the thermometer showed 109 at 4:30 PM. Typically our temps run in the 70’s and 80’s during the summer with morning fog to keep things cooled down.
Majority of us don’t have AC in our homes so when it gets this hot it can be miserable. The heat is suppose to last for a couple more days before it breaks and will drop down to the 70’s by the weekend.
I had a prearranged date with several of my girlfriends for dinner and a movie last night so I got to enjoy the AC at the theater while watching “Eat Pray Love”.
I saw these last weekend out at Point Reyes Station, Does anyone know the name?
Bracing for another HOT one!
Hope your heat wave goes away soon. Stay cool!
ReplyDeleteWhew! That's way too hot for me!
ReplyDeleteLooks like we'll all be getting cooler this weekend. Temps, here in the high desert of Oregon are only supposed to reach the upper sixties this weekend. :)
ReplyDeleteRoberta, these are Japanese Anemone. Sorry to hear of your heat wave. Here in British Columbia the weather is cool 46 degrees with some rain.
ReplyDelete