We have enjoyed our stay in Carmel the weather has been a beautiful sunny 72-73 each day. The locals tell us it hasn't been this nice in awhile so I guess we picked the right week to come.
Yesterday we went into the Village and walked up and down Ocean Ave and a few side streets, in and out of the shops. It seemed to us that the artist gallery's (paintings) and jewelry stores far out numbered all the other shops, all very expensive. We saw a Thomas Kincade painting that would go great with our S.F. Lombard Street painting, but it wasn't in the budget and probably won't be, the gal at the gallery gave us a postcard, that will have to do.
Today we were going to do the 17 mile drive and decided to take the drive down to Big Sur instead. I had never been down that way and Wayne couldn't remember if he had or not. On the drive down the fog was hugging the coast so we could barely see the water, but by the time we had stopped for lunch and were driving back the fog had lifted and we were able to see the coastline and calm waters.
Tomorrow, we will pull up stakes and move on down the road to Paso Robles. Not sure what we will find to do down there but will try and find something.
Take Care, Thanks for reading...
Thanks so much for sharing. I am so proud for the two of you. My favorite was the boat ride and I sure wish I had one of those hamburgers about now. Keep living your dreams and stay safe.
ReplyDeleteNorma Jean